Friday, November 25, 2011

Change and the endless pursuit

The start of anything new brings a medley of emotions: anxiety, hopefulness and a sense of “what’s around the corner.”  A good friend asked, “where’s there.” I had no reply other than South and Ocean. Thus our story begins...
It feels like a lifetime of preparing for this journey. Personal choices, career choices and a boat load of learning along the way. People have asked what I am running from and what I am running to. Very profound but no simple answer. A compelling sense of urgency to change and to embark on this journey. The only way I could begin to explain it was a vegetable soup of emotions, reasons (some rational and other not so rational) and an overwhelming desire to learn more about myself.  This year was a very tragic year for us with the loss of some very, very dear friends and the realization that we (Patrick and I) are not getting any younger. That said, we are still in relatively good shape and we’re both healthy. Life is short and the traditional path is not necessarily the one that offers the most opportunity for growth. Patrick and I both felt a quote from a favorite move was apropos for the start of our journey, “let's not make plans together.”
Our journey to this point brought several exciting and chapters. To spare you the trauma of adjusting to two people and a cat living in a relatively small space, stocked with our personal possessions and provisions, I will only share with you a few of the more comical details of our launch...

No comments:

Post a Comment