Saturday, January 28, 2012

Our first official "play day"

Day 77 (Fri,  Jan 27 - , 2012): Warderick Wells Park bound. We left Norman’s Cay about 9am. I finished cleaning  and reorganizing. The V Berth looks much better now. I had stewed about how best to get the two anchors up all night. As it turns out my planning was for naught. Seems it was best to let out more of the rocna (our main anchor) chain to get over to the secondary anchor. I pulled it up by hand. Don’t ask… remember again, Freshmen. But “Shera” perseveres. Then, we pulled up the Rocna and we were off to our next stop.
We had plenty of wind today but directly on our nose. We ploughed through to get to Warderick. I do want to go back to Shroud Cay some day. It looks very interesting, but not this pass. We pulled into the park. Patrick pulled right up to the mooring. Gaia behaved perfectly. I snagged the line and we were set to play. Tomorrow would be officially our first play day. We have been so wrapped up in boat repairs or “getting here” that we have had little time to relax. So much to do… test out underwater camera, see stromatolites (only place on the planet other than Australia where they are found… life form over 3.5 billion years old)  put hammock in place and test thoroughly, and the list goes on. And did I mention the water. It is so incredibly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment