Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Little Piggies...

Day 114 - 116 (Mon,  March 5 –  Tue, March 6 , 2012): Little Piggies tucked up close. The best way to summarize how the boats are tucked in, close to shore for this nasty weather. It is blowing 27 consistently with gusts of 35kts. The Rocna is doing well. Plus the experience we have from various “mess-ups” is serving us well (recalling Cape May, etc.). Patrick is mending. I forgot to mention, the other night (11pm to be exact) he had a dream and kicked the side of the aft cabin ceiling (it is fairly close to the top of the bed). He virtually tore his entire large toenail off. Only a small piece remained attached at the base of the nail. Ughhh… what a sight. He was in quite a bit of pain but my main worry was infection. Luckily or unluckily, I have had quite a bit of experience with nails/hooves and what is needed to keep infection down. In the morning, I got on the George Town Cruiser Net and asked if anyone had some betadine. I can’t believe in our haste to leave DE, I didn’t pack any. Well, I was able to get a bottle from Sue on “Nice and Easy.” Soaking and wrapping with plenty of betadine would be the routine. So far, so good. Doesn’t look like there is any infection. Now, just to nail on a heartbar and do this for another 11 months while the hoof grows (just kidding). But, Grande was a better patient.
Being cooped up for several days has given us the opportunity to do some cleaning and organizing. And, watch some movies friends have shared. We watched several of the initial episodes of Grey’s Anatomy. I miss not being around the medical community. I can’t believe I spent as many years in Corporate America and not in a “medical venue.” Note to self… think about this when looking for a job.
I am uncertain about what will come of a job search/consulting search. The one thing I do know… I had to take this time off. I was so unhappy, so compromised. I feel a relief now. Not just that I don’t have the pressures but that I am proud of my decision. My age old premise… “try to make it to the end with no regrets.”  I can truly say that I dodged one of the biggest regrets of my life. Probably waited too long and did it in the nick-of-time but I did it.
You know, makes me think that, wouldn’t it be cool to have a party with all of the folks you have encountered in your life of dodging regrets that have tried to contribute to your unhappiness… I would have a big field party with kegs of brew and a bonfire.  What a better way to let them (perpetrators of unhappiness) know you managed to dodge their bullets and come out where you needed to be… happy, content and whole. The people that seem to try hardest to mess up your parade (metaphorically speaking J) are almost or always “jealous.”  Jealous of a natural gift, luck or something you have been given. Talent is a tough one, and one I have danced around with for my entire adult life. Medical Illustration school/projects, just being me, or my design skill. Never have really figured out how to deal with this. Usually just eventually run away from the situation. I have not found a good tactic to deal with it and it invariably hurts. So, this trip…yes a bit of an escape but more time to resort out my priorities and clean the slate. This time, I will find a place where I feel fulfilled. I am not kidding myself…  I know there will be similar situations in the future but I can and will select the players. “Like minded” is important. I am tired of the struggle and I simply need folks around me for a while that dance to a similar tune.
So, the wind is howling, Patrick and Dobbie are resting and the piggies are tucked in.




2 comments:

  1. I love reading your adventures an even more the reflections...........I re-read again as I intended to copy and let others see it. Second read had me thinking that this is yours.....I agree with the peacefulness and too long for folks who hear the music like I do. For now Im going to leave your words on your page and selfishly enjoy them myself.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mind if you share. So happy you are following. When I write I know things will be read and shared so, no worries. Take care!

      Delete